Sunday, November 23, 2014

Dinner in the dark

There are some people that come into our lives and blow you away.  Jessica Loomer is definitely one of those people for me.  I will try to do my best, and not cry on my keyboard for this post, but there is just no possible way to get all my thoughts into one focused blog post.

I met Jess through the Bluemedia boys, five or so years back and we instantly hit it off.  Between our shopping problems and our sickness with working out, we were friends right from the start.  In the last few years Jess has lost her eyesight due to Leber's Hereditary Optic Neuropathy, a rare genetic eye disease.  Jess reminds me each and everyday that I am capable of doing everything I dream and to never give up.  I am more than lucky to have her as a friend and I love seeing our friendship continue to grow.

Recently, when Jess isn't running half marathons, working, or speaking at national conferences, she is raising money for LHON's foundation (she really is incredible).  A few months ago, Loomie's friends and family got together to spend one night dining in the dark.  We had a small glimpse into what Jess's life is like and it only confirmed what an amazing person she is.
Not only did she raise a lot of money but she was able to witness everyone's love for her first hand.
I can't wait till next year, don't you love our blindfold selfies??

No comments:

Background