Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tuesday, July 16th

Today was full of relaxation...like a true vacation.  The sun peaked in and out throughout the day but never stayed out for too long. It was plenty humid though, even more than a summer day in Minnesota. Today was very similar to a weekend in the U.S. for us full of food, errands and time to ourselves.  It was perfect in everyway.  We started our day with a little exploring downtown for shrimp cocktails (every common for breakfast here), the bank and then a trip to Walmart. After a morning full of errands and taxi rides we relaxed at home in the A.C.  It was sooo humid today I am sure it will rain soon.  

Never have I had so much time to write, read and to complete my Sudoku book, nerd alert.  After a delicious dinner of steak, potatoes and cucumbers Tommy and I went for a walk down by the river. We were able to check out the new houses being built, a few restaurants and the Marine station.  After walking for a bit we started to notice that I was the site to be seen.  I forget that some of the locals have ever seen someone like me and I am reminded after repetitive stares.  Finally we decided to turn around to stop and get more of Tommy's favorite street corn. We will definitely need a diet plan when we get back from vacation from all this eating.  We finish our day snuggling up to watch the U.S. soccer game as it finally starts to rain outside.  You really can't beat another eye opening day! Life is good!

No comments:

Background