Monday, January 20, 2014

Changes

Recently a got  a promotion and heard news that I would be moving to a new department.  Since I have been with SARRC since college this was extremely exciting.

And like most people, while change is good it can be completely scary.  I have loved every position I've been thrown into whether it was in the home, the community school, remote or now out in public schools.  As always as the time drew closer I got more and more nervous about trying something new.

As I was tying up all kinds of loose ends, the month flew by and before I knew it it was time to say goodbye.  Last week I wrapped up with families that I had been with for years.  I wasn't actually sure what to expect.  Most of these kids did not talk when I first met them.

So as I  closed a door on another chapter at SARRC, I gave a hug to my last client and family and slowly walked to the door.  I was proud of myself for not crying or being afraid of the future.  Little did I know what the future held in store.  My client looked at me and said "Thanks for always playing with me" and after a few more steps I heard "Love you Meg".

I bit my lip and tears weld in my eyes, I knew I was ready for the change...

and even more importantly I knew I had seen a change.

2 comments:

Background