Monday, April 16, 2012

Picture updates

I finally used my camera and took pictures this weekend. While I have been to Country Thunder before, this weekend was even more fun than I expected. I don't know if it was a combination of needing some vacation, a great group of friends, country music or Blake Shelton :-) but we had a BLAST. Ever since Tyler told us that he was moving back home (to Ohio) in the beginning of May, my friends and I have spent hours and hours doing fun things and making the most of the time we have together and Country Thunder couldn't be a better example. Tommy and I headed East to Florence on Thursday at noon. We got there and unpacked, got settled in and had a quick lunch before we grabbed a few cold Coors, our cowboy hats and headed to the concert. The weather was gorgeous and we started our Thursday off with a little Eli Young Band and Dierks Bentley (two of my favorites). Lastly we went line dancing to an old favorite Harry Luge. We used to go see Harry Luge play in college in a small hole in the wall bar in Mesa, so it was great to see him again. We woke up the next day ready to meet up with all our friends. Loomer, Tyler and Tug packed up on Friday and headed out to join us. We had some drinks and a quick BBQ and headed to the next line up of performers... as you can see the rest of the weekend had a similar pattern. Wake up, eat, drink, eat, go to concerts, sleep... really rough vacation. It was great to see old friends but it was good to get back to reality. My stomach still hurts from all the laughter.
Enjoy the pictures!!!
I will be resting up until Emily comes to visit on Friday, can't wait!!!

No comments:

Background