Thursday, September 13, 2012

Night one: New Orleans

While we worried all week if we were going to be able to celebrate Kate's Bachelorette party, everything worked out and we were able to avoid Hurricane Isaac.  After hours of planning (from Kate's sister and MN friends) we heard from the hotel that it was safe to visit (they had no flooding and they had power).  So when the airport opened Thursday night Brit, Andra and I officially started to pack.  We were all excited to get away and spend some quality time together.  We got there around 9pm on Friday and met the girls out on Bourdon Street.  While I can definitely say that I don't need to go back there, it was fun to check it off our bucket list and more importantly it was great to hang out with the college roomies like the good old days.
My hair expanded like you would never believe.  The girls gave me a new nickname, Monica from friends (Bahamas episode)
 Finally all back together
 Enjoying our first daiquiri
 Gotta love the boas, they were taller than me
 Definitely not used to this humidity so we tied our maxi dresses up

No comments:

Background