Friday, December 12, 2008

I DID it....Half Marathon here I come....slowly

Soooooo Big NEWS!!! I ran 10 miles last night and I am actually alive to blog about it.  First off I should start off by saying I never have ran more than 2 miles prior to training.  This is a huge step in training for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Phoenix, January 18th.  Prior to last night I was not sure if I was going to be able to do it but with a little support from my dad (who will also be running it with me)  and the nike+, running is a little more exciting.  Nike+ is awesome by the way.  I put this little sensor in my shoe and then put the adapter in my ipod and walaaa amazing!  I am not sure how these shoes and ipod make my legs move for that long but I like it.  Although I am super proud of myself from last night, unfortunately I am paying for it today.   I am home sick with a fever and a tummy and head ache. Hopefully with a little blogging and a lot of sleep, I will be ready for my last week of kiddos on Monday.

No comments:

Background