Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ready, set, go.....

As I take in this crazy week and try to get everything done, I have to remember to continue to get ready for the next step and of course to reflect on the past year. So in case you didn't already know the last day of school is tomorrow. I am finally getting sad about leaving the kiddos, leaving my amazing co-teachers and of course looking forward to what lies ahead for next year. My brain this week is spinning with dreams of the new playground, reports, testing, intervention and building of new toys but when I am not at work I am getting excited for what the next month will bring.

I am flying home to Minnesota this weekend to pack up the house I have lived in my entire life (minus 11 months). As like most people of course I will be sad but I can honestly say that because work is soooo busy I haven't thought about it much. I can only imagine what it will be like packing up everything and waving good-bye to Mallard Drive on Sunday. While this weekend will be very sad, I am super excited to see everyone again. My weekend is jam packed with dinners, birthday parties, drinks and baby showers. I can't wait to get on that plane on Friday with a good book and fly north to everything that is soooo familiar.

So I am thankful for....

*Amazing kiddos and families
*Donations for an amazing playground at SARRC
*The best co-workers/friends a girl could ask for
*Great friends to keep my mind off all the changes
*A helpful and supportive family
*Long-lasting and never ending friendships in MN

...and of course there are many more but just a few off the top of my head.

No comments:

Background