Tuesday, May 15, 2012

helpful reminders...

like they always say... your parents are ALWAYS right!!  No matter what!! and just in case I tried to think I had it all together on my own, god needed to remind me yesterday that I don't!!  Nothing better than a friendly reminder in the voice of your parents.

My day started off like any other day, early morning meeting, working at the office and then Dana called needing to get picked up at the airport.  We had been planning for weeks to go have some lunch together since our schedules are so different these days.  So after a nice (FREE) lunch at Pita Jungle (free because we were not greeted within the first 10-15 minutes of sitting at our table), we headed to the car to drive Dana home from her long trip.  We approached my car and looked at the passenger wheel and the helpful reminder hit me smack in the face.  After I shook it off, I started to hear the voices (imagine Mike and Kathy Bailey, "You should've put that AAA card in your wallet or in your car.", "Remember to put that in your wallet in case of an emergency.")  Luckily Dana had her AAA card in her wallet (like a responsible adult).  We waited an hour or so for AAA to arrive and then headed to discount tires to change my spare.  After what seemed to be a relaxing Monday, everything was fixed and we were back in route.  I finished off my Monday by dropping Dana off and heading back to Chandler.

Don't worry Mom and Dad, as soon as I got home you know where that AAA card went and I cleaned out my trunk in order to make getting the spare wheel out a little bit easier next time.  Tommy and I topped off an eventful Monday and headed to America's Taco Shop for dinner (AMAZING Mexican food, highly recommended).
**Helpful reminder:  make sure you have your AAA card IN your wallet**

No comments:

Background