Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunday, Sunday

Can't we have just one more day to rest?  Sunday completely wiped me out.  Since the hike on Saturday seemed a little easy, Loomer and I decided to be daredevils and try the moderate to difficult hike.  We started on the Mormon trail and took another hikers advice and tried Mormon loop, then we got on National trail.  After being a little unsure if Mormon and National would meet up again we decided to turn all the way back and head home.  
With a total of 6 miles and 3 hours later, we were exhausted.  Instead of heading home we decided to stop and try a new breakfast spot instead.  So we went to the Farm at South Mountain (Morning Glory Cafe).  While I have heard numerous things about how good this place is, I am glad to say all the rumors are true.  This little farm is hidden away on Southern and 32nd and I can honestly say it didn't even feel like Arizona (minus towards the end when our table was completely in the sun).  
The hike was great, breakfast was tasty and we even won another softball game.  The weekend was a success even though I wish I had one more day to rest up.  Let the countdown begin 5 days until Memorial Day weekend in Minnesota, can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love Morning Glory-- so delicious! Their lunch cafe is really good too :)

Background