Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Mix of Mom and Dad

In the last week, God has been pointing out to me how much I am an exact mix of my parents.  A little bit of Mom and a little bit of Dad.  Even though my parents might want to admit that I got these qualities from them, I definitely know I wasn't adopted.

Last night I performed my first independent woman/condo owner task on my own.  Now that I've mastered cooking and I am no longer afraid of the stove (in fact the stove gets used 3-4 times a week).  I decided to tackle my toilet and shower.  Mind you that my toilet broke almost two weeks ago and I had no plunger and have been out of town on the weekend.  So needless to say I pulled up my sleeves and unclogged my shower and and fixed my toilet, ALL on my own.  

This handy man side.... definitely from my mom (sorry dad)


Today I was reminded again how much I LOVE Oprah!  

Love of Oprah.... definitely from my mom (thank goodness)

I watch or DVR Oprah everyday and today she yet again had an another amazing show.  My favorite thing that Oprah does on her show is when she has musician's perform.  I can not put into words how much I LOVE live music.  

Extreme LOVE of music.... definitely from my dad

If I can't be there in person then the next best thing is watching them perform on T.V.  In the last week Oprah has had James Taylor, Carrie Underwood and Kenny Chesney  on the show(all amazing in their own way and yes Dad NO ONE compares to James Taylor).  A fantastic way to end a work day is by turning on the T.V. and watching someone perform, ahhhhhh......

Off to dinner with the college girlfriends :-) Yea, like old times!

**BTW:  CONGRATS Amy and Jim!!!!  I am so happy for you two!!  You couldn't be a better match**

No comments:

Background