Monday, March 16, 2009

ML 2009: Day 1

So far so good..... I've made it!!!  My cell phone has been off for almost 24 hours.  I am not going to lie it has been difficult, weird and definitely a lot more quiet but all in a nice way.  First off I can't believe that my phone has actually been turned off lying on my nightstand and I haven't every thought about turning it on once. 

My commute to work ALWAYS starts off with a phone call home, to Mom and Dad. 
----It was extremely strange without going over my previous day and future plans with Mom.  I missed hearing, "Well I guess that's all I know..."-Kathy Bailey  After having realized @ 7:30am I was already missing my phone I turned up the Ipod, put on the sunglasses, opened the sun roof and enjoyed the gorgeous sunshine of an AZ morning.

Of course during the work day it was pretty easy to forget about not having a cell phone.  My day was filled with project after project and an amazing yogurt treat from Mojo's (check it out it is the BEST) with my favorite girlies. 
----At lunch it was sad to be the only one not catching up with loved ones but it was great not to have a phone at work.  I can honestly say I didn't waste any time texting at work (although I have to confess that I definitely probably spent more time than normal writing Em emails instead)

My night was filled with tutoring, catching up with Em, dinner, blogging and bed!!  
----All and all a pretty interesting Day 1 of the ML Tribute, who knows how I will miss my cell phone tomorrow or what I might enjoy more because I am not talking, checking email or texting on my phone.

HAPPY EARLY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!! (One of my favorite holidays :-)

I am really excited to see what the rest of the week brings with no cell phone...... wait and see....

No comments:

Background