Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What can you live without?

Oprah once again ceases to amaze!!  If there is something important I've learned from my Mom it is always treat others with respect and watch Oprah. While some of you might not know I DVR Oprah and Ellen everyday and watch them whenever I get a chance.  Oprah had an amazing show on Monday and asked the viewers a great question..... What can you live without??  
I challenge everyone and myself to quit buying things I/they can't afford or don't need.  I am going to try to look around and see what I can live without.  Life will definitely be less stressful, cluttered and I will definitely save some money. :-)  On the show families quit buying their kids toys and clothes (I can't believe I am saying this but just think Mom).  The kids were still happy and were more appreciative when they did get stuff.  There were three last things that Oprah challenged viewers to and those were....
1. Don't spend any money for one day......(easy)
2. Don't use a credit card for a week.... (easy)
3. Don't go out to eat for a month.....(this is my next challenge)
Don't you wonder if you could do it??? 
So ask yourself..... What can I live without?

1 comment:

Julie Kiefer said...

Oh my gosh, with the house fund saving, Reed and I ask ourselves this all the time! And for some reason it is always easier to sacrafice the stuff the other person wants! :)

I think I could give up spending money for a day...or eating out for a week...Does a debit card count as a credit card? Cuz, if it does, I'm screwed!

Background